Tag quiz (8)
25 things about me
Posted on 2009-02-02 14:18:00
(this is a thing going around Facebook, but I'm more of an LJ person...)
1. I actually sat down at lunch today and tried to make a list of 25 things, and didn't get very far. So we'll see how this goes!
2. I program for a living and also enjoy doing it in my spare time. I have a bunch of side projects up at gregstoll.com.
3. destroyerj and I got interviewed in Wired for one of them.
4. My current project I'm trying to push is whereslunch.org!
5. Enough about that. My favorite TV shows on the air now are Lost and 30 Rock, with Chuck following close behind.
6. I live on tea at the office, especially now that I'm trying to cut out sodas. I'm talking at least 3 cups a day.
7. Growing up I loved math and always planned on being a mathematician when I grew up.
8. As such, I was an avid watcher of Square One. I cried when it was preempted by the Iran-Contra hearings.
9. I don't keep in touch with my family as well as I should.
10. I have a hangup about getting water splashed on me. djedi used to splash water at me from the sink and I hated it!
11. I am almost always comfortable in silence. The "awkward silence" doesn't really exist for me.
12. I just read through most of squareonetv.org. Did you know George Frankly has been in a lot of random shows?
13. I'm usually pretty socially awkward and kinda introverted.
14. I took piano lessons for 8 years. I should bust them out more :-)
15. I really enjoy singing!
16. When I was in middle school, I was in the Houston Boychoir for a year. We took a trip to Taiwan. I met a girl that I liked, although she didn't speak very good English (and I didn't speak Mandarin). Such is life when you're 14 or so.
17. I am fascinated by infrastructure, especially highways and mass transit.
18. I'm usually pretty happy in solitude, except for missing djedi.
19. 6 more to go? Man...umm...I've only lived outside of Texas for a year, after which we quickly moved back here.
20. Austin >>> Houston.
21. I hate hate hate feeling nostalgic. I enjoy living in the now. And the future.
22. I kinda like driving.
23. scraping the bottom of the barrel here...I can smell cucumbers from a distance. I'm not sure if this is weird or not, but my family has led me to believe that it is.
24. Growing up I loved salad - my parents joked that they'd have to tell me to eat more pizza before I could have more salad.
25. I don't like tagging people. If you want to do your own 25 things, cool. If not, also cool.
mildly interesting politics quiz
Posted on 2008-10-01 14:50:00
Tags: quiz politics
| You are a |
You are best described as a:
Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid
Also : The OkCupid Dating Persona Test
best TV shows quiz
Posted on 2008-09-09 10:29:00
All right, I'm making a quiz. Here is a list of the "best shows on television" according to various people. Bold the ones you've watched multiple seasons one and italicize the ones you've seen at least a few episodes of.
The Wire - everyone says this is awesome, need to watch at some point.
Lost - ohh yeah
Friday Night Lights - intriguing but haven't gotten around to it, may watch someday.
Deadwood - same
30 Rock - good stuff
The Daily Show - of course
Battlestar Galactica - of course
Arrested Development - absolutely
Studio 60 - watched the first few episodes, didn't get into it.
South Park - pretty hit or miss, but the hits are good
Six Feet Under
Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Dallas Cowboys - wait, really?
The Colbert Report - I'm on notice!
Mad Men - heard good things about it.
The West Wing
Posted on 2008-01-14 14:57:00
Tags: music quiz
(stolen from cifarelli)
1. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, iPod etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
One Of My Turns
2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
Valley Winter Song
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Tu Me Gustas
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Lux Aeterna - O Nata Lux
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Sunglasses At Night
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Rice Fight Song
8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR EX?
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
In The Hall of the Mountain King
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Down So Long
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
30 Sec. Bonnet
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Star Wars Medley
16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Lucky Denver Mint
17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Tonight I Wanna Cry
18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning)
19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Time After Time
20. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
3 Small Words
Now press Next one more time and use it as your title.
Not bad; I wanna be a 30 sec. bonnet when I grow up! As I always say, "Sunglasses at night"...
Posted on 2007-11-02 10:53:00
Your Social Dysfunction:
You display social deficits and oddities of thinking. Your perception and communication are similar to those of a schizophrenic.
Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com
Please note that we aren't, nor do we claim to be, psychologists. This quiz is for fun and entertainment only. Try not to freak out about your results.
Posted on 2007-02-16 16:45:00
Tags: quiz heroes
You scored 41 Idealism, 45 Nonconformity, 54 Nerdiness
|My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:|
|Link: The Heroes Personality Test written by freedomdegrees on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
Posted on 2005-10-14 23:29:00
Thanks to abstractseaweed!
src="http://www.bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2004/10/file_extensions/mpg.jpg" width="300" height="90"
border="0" alt="You are .mpg You live life like it was a movie. Constantly in motion, you bring pleasure to many, but are often hidden away.">
Which File Extension are You?
The Two-Variable Intuition Test (ganked from
Posted on 2005-08-18 09:24:00
62% SCIENTIFIC INTUITION and
55% EMOTIONAL INTUITION
The graph on the right represents your place in Intuition 2-Space. As you can see, you scored about average on emotional intuition and above average on scientific intuition.Keep
in mind that very few people score high on both! In effect, you can
compare your two intuition scores with each other to learn what kind of
intuition you're best at. Your scientific intuition is stronger than
your emotional intuition.
Your Emotional Intuition
score is a measure of how well you understand people, especially their
unspoken needs and sympathies. A high score score usually indicates
social grace and persuasiveness. A low score usually means you're good
Your Scientific Intuition
score tells you how in tune you are with the world around you; how well
you understand your physical and intellectual environment. People with
high scores here are apt to succeed in business and, of course, the
My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
Link: The 2-Variable Intuition Test written by jason_bateman on Ok Cupid
This backup was done by LJBackup.