links: Obamacare description, Romney's tax plan, NYT trial, a capella BSG cover!
Posted on 2012-08-01 14:43:00
Tags: politics links
- Here's a concise description of what Obamacare does, complete with citations. (from a subreddit called Explain Like I'm Five) Very thorough from what I've seen!
- A new analysis from outside groups shows that Romney's tax plan will raise taxes on anyone making $200K or less, and lower them for anyone making more than that. So...yeah. I don't mind higher taxes to reduce the deficit, or investing in infrastructure/education/etc., but raising my taxes so millionaires can get a tax cut...not so much.
- Speaking of Romney and taxes, here's a striking graph comparing the past 5 presidents + Romney's yearly income and effective tax rate.
- The New York Times Is Now Supported by Readers, Not Advertisers - glad to see their online strategy is working, even if they did still suffer a pretty big loss. Related: anyone want to try an online subscription for 99 cents for 4 weeks? Drop me a line and I'll send it your way!
- This a capella cover of BSG's All Along the Watchtower is awesome. (thanks, Jessica!)
- A story about the LGBT student group at Rice back in the 70's. Spoiler alert: Annise Parker makes an appearance!
- idreambooks.com is kinda like Metacritic, but for books.
This backup was done by LJBackup.