Posts with mood hyper (3)
links for what should be friday
Posted on 2009-12-03 15:10:00
Tags: palmpre programming links
Seriously...long week anyone?
I put up WebOSJournal on the PreCentral homebrew gallery. Still plenty of work to be done, of course...
What every programmer should know about memory - really long article (and it's only Part 1!) but I learned a lot. (and remembered a lot from college classes :-) )
Apropos of net neutrality, How Robber Barons hijacked the "Victorian Internet" (i.e. the telegraph system). The short version is that there was no government regulation and Western Union/AP fixed an election and conspired to keep non-AP newspapers out of business. Less government regulation doesn't always equal more open markets!
Drug-Makers Paying Off Competitors To Keep Cheap Generics Off Market - pretty much what the headline says. It sucks, but apparently it's legal.
No one wants America to be the sole global superpower, but no one wants to share the load.
Posted on 2008-01-14 14:57:00
Tags: music quiz
(stolen from cifarelli)
1. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, iPod etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
One Of My Turns
2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
Valley Winter Song
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Tu Me Gustas
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Lux Aeterna - O Nata Lux
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Sunglasses At Night
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Rice Fight Song
8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR EX?
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
In The Hall of the Mountain King
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Down So Long
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
30 Sec. Bonnet
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Star Wars Medley
16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Lucky Denver Mint
17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Tonight I Wanna Cry
18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning)
19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Time After Time
20. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
3 Small Words
Now press Next one more time and use it as your title.
Not bad; I wanna be a 30 sec. bonnet when I grow up! As I always say, "Sunglasses at night"...
Music: nothing at the moment
Posted on 2005-03-18 16:23:00
Does anyone else have this problem?
Usually the way it works with me is this (I'll use the iPod as a case study, since that's what I'm in the middle of right now):
- I hear about an iPod. Sounds kinda neat, but whatever. (wait anytime from a few days to a few months)
- Still thinking I don't want one, I learn some more about it. Wow, this thing has some cool features! It makes toast AND does laundry! I decide that I want one. This is a dangerous phase, as I can be an impulse buyer (lasts a few days to a week or two)
- If I haven't bought it, I convince myself that it's not really that great, and I would never use an iPod anyway (lasts weeks to many months)
- I slowly start learning more about an iPod, and convince myself that it really is that cool, and it would be awesome to own one, and I would too use it sometimes, maybe. Then I either buy it, or go back to the previous step.
I think I'm back to step 3 about an iPod for now. Anyway, I think I'm gonna get a new cell phone - mine has pretty bad battery life at this point, and I can upgrade for cheap (thanks, T-Mobile!).
Man, what a long day. Can't wait to start the weekend!
This backup was done by LJBackup.