Posts on January 26, 2009
more whereslunch.org progress
Posted on 2009-01-26 12:39:00
Tags: whereslunch programming
Over the weekend I
- added geolocation to the front page of whereslunch.org - it should automatically forward you to your closest city now!
- made the map use more horizontal space (and got rid of the ugly gap between the map and the sidebar)
- made the page statically load the list of restaurants, which should improve load time a little and should help the ads be more relevant, hopefully.
- upgraded to the latest jQuery which makes things look a bit different, especially the sidebar. Not sure whether to keep this new color scheme (especially the filtering sliders), but I'll leave it for a few days and see what I think then. This should also improve performance a bit.
- a few minor random performance improvements
hello married people/people who know about weddings
Posted on 2009-01-26 14:39:00
So I'm doing some initial research into where we could have a reception, by which I mean I googled "austin reception" and got a long list of places, like 300! and this crazy place that looks like a castle!
Anyhow, anyone know a reception location that you've actually been to in Austin? A list of like a billion unverified places is really not that helpful, but real places that actually do host wedding receptions would be awesome.
Posted on 2009-01-26 20:27:00
Is starting planning now for a May wedding totally crazy and unreasonable? Because we've mentioned it in casual whatever a few times now (not asking about the date) and apparently everyone else thinks so.
(if it is, that's fine, but it would be nice to know...)
This backup was done by LJBackup.