Posts on January 14, 2008
the previous two weeks
Posted on 2008-01-14 09:02:00
Tags: phone house
So the two weeks of craziness ended successfully. djedi's brother's wedding went fine, albeit a little hectically and involving more than 150 miles of driving inside Houston. (I was planning on doing a bunch of maps and showing how far apart things are in Houston, but it's not that interesting) Also a reminder to myself that, while I like people being married and all that, I don't like weddings. (the last few I've been to have been awkward, and the emphasis on the whole "man and wife" thing gets old) Which is a little sad but knowing is half the battle.
So! Going forward, this week is "we better make sure everything's OK with the new house because if we back out after this week it costs us a lot of money", meaning home inspection tomorrow and answering more tedious mortgage questions. Also, hopefully a new phone!
some interface complaints
Posted on 2008-01-14 10:39:00
Tags: rant house
So I'm getting quotes on homeowner's insurance. Called up USAA and it was pretty easy (and cheap!) but I wanted to compare with someone. State Farm doesn't do online quotes for our area, so GEICO it is.
- It asks the distance to the nearest fire department. How am I supposed to know this in general? Can't they figure it out since I gave them the address?
- Who thinks that selecting years (or dates for that matter) from a drop down box is easier than typing in four digits?
- Now they're asking if I've purchased the home within the last 12 months...but if I say yes and put in our scheduled closing date, it complains since it's in the future. I guess I'll say no, but I think the most accurate answer is yes. Gah.
Posted on 2008-01-14 14:57:00
Tags: music quiz
(stolen from cifarelli)
1. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, iPod etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
One Of My Turns
2. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?
Valley Winter Song
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Tu Me Gustas
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
Lux Aeterna - O Nata Lux
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Sunglasses At Night
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Rice Fight Song
8. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR EX?
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
In The Hall of the Mountain King
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Down So Long
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
30 Sec. Bonnet
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Star Wars Medley
16. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Lucky Denver Mint
17. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Tonight I Wanna Cry
18. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning)
19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Time After Time
20. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
3 Small Words
Now press Next one more time and use it as your title.
Not bad; I wanna be a 30 sec. bonnet when I grow up! As I always say, "Sunglasses at night"...
This backup was done by LJBackup.