Posted on 2006-03-17 08:59:00
Tags: phone music computer links
So originally this post was going to be about how angry I am that my new hard drive is dying, which I am. Although the upside is that I can return the new hard drive I got because presumably the old one will still work with a new motherboard, which is almost certainly the culprit. But, upon further reflection, meh. I'll fix it, it'll keep working eventually, and all that jazz.
Things that cheered me up:
- My new phone is out for delivery and should be arriving any minute now!
- Wednesday morning, as I drove to destroyerj's house to let him in, I was listening to KUT. Since this week is SXSW, they have lots of good live music on, and I listened to Sonya Kitchell, whose new CD I will be buying when it comes out (maybe I'll buy it at Starbucks just for fun!). I've been listening to the two songs from it that are available from the website quite a few times.
- This article "Who Can Name the Bigger Number" is interesting.
- The wikipedia article on recurring parts in the Colbert Report gave me a laugh. I should watch more of it!
- This site (NSFW, although it's not dirty, and only the sound is important) that destroyerj pointed me to is hilarious! -50 DKP for my motherboard.
- This SNL segment about a pirate convention is good stuff, although I may have linked to it before....
Comment from omega697:
Regarding big numbers, I gave a math colloquium talk on big numbers when I was at Mudd. I also lived in a suite named after the biggest number ever used in a serious mathematical proof, G_63. It's also called "Graham's Number".
Comment from gregstoll:
Ah, yeah, good stuff. I remember liking the little bit of Ramsey Theory I saw...very combinatorial.
(also, your link is broken)
This backup was done by LJBackup.