link tuesday: terrible infographic, good infographic, animated movies
Posted on 2014-04-29 13:22:00
Work/life is still crazy busy, so I figured links on Tuesday in hand was worth two links on Friday in the bush. (or something)
- NBC News Creates A Racially Insensitive, Time-Traveling Map of America - not sure if I buy the "racially insensitive" angle, but: this is unquestionably a terrible, terrible infographic!
- How Americans Die - on the other hand, this is a very captivating series of infographic type things. Well done!
- Rapture leaked: The true story behind the making of BioShock - makes me sad that Irrational Games is closing.
- What the Left and Right Both Get Wrong About the Moynihan Report - wonky, but a full-employment policy would be pretty amazing.
- The 100 best animated movies - glad my favorite is (spoiler!) #2.
- Meaningful Activities Protect the Brain From Depression - neat!
- Meep Meep Watch In Foreign Policy - hey, Syria's chemical weapons are almost gone! And Iran is further away from making a nuclear weapon! Foreign policy: sometimes, it works.
- Up Close on Baseball’s Borders - nice map of which areas follow which baseball teams. Poor Astros...I think the "Texas" in the Rangers' name gives them more fans than they deserve.
- Jon Stewart Flawlessly Takes Down Media's Sexist Coverage of Clinton Pregnancy - siiiiigh this is probably what we have to look forward in 2015/6.
- Florida Set to Join Trend Toward Higher Speed Limits - not much here, except: go Texas! (I have driven 85, and it does feel fast...)
This backup was done by LJBackup.