link friday: seven minute workout, math proofs, supreme court <3's corporations
Posted on 2013-05-17 14:05:00
- The Scientific 7-Minute Workout - sounds promising?
- The Paradox of the Proof - very nice article about the possible proof of the ABC Conjecture.
- Corporations Find a Friend in the Supreme Court - I hadn't realized this, but
While the current court’s decisions, over all, are only slightly more conservative than those from the courts led by Chief Justices Warren E. Burger and William H. Rehnquist, according to political scientists who study the court, its business rulings are another matter. They have been, a new study finds, far friendlier to business than those of any court since at least World War II.
- Charity can't fill holes in aid to poor - the idea that private charities can step in to help the poor instead of the government just isn't borne out by the numbers.
- What's next Google? Dropping SMTP support? - Google seems to be stepping away from open standards, which makes me a sad panda. (also, they seem to really dislike Windows Phone => sad panda x 2)
- Infographic: Is Your State's Highest-Paid Employee A Coach? (Probably) - nice work by Deadspin.
- A Simple Graph That Should Silence Austerians and Gold Bugs Forever - it's not exactly a scientific experiment (wish that we could do those in economics!), but it's pretty convincing.
- Shaking Off Loneliness - being lonely is pretty bad for you healthwise. (and what matters is how you see yourself, not your raw number of friends or connections)
- Caught you red-handed: 9 games with creative copy protection - prompted by the recent Game Dev Tycoon story, but there are some blasts from the past in there!
- Check out the web cartoonists continuing Calvin And Hobbes - good stuff!
This backup was done by LJBackup.