Windows Phone: promotion for new developers: write an app, get a Lumia 800!
Posted on 2013-01-21 00:36:00
Tags: nokia windowsphone wpdev
This promotion has ended - thanks to all who participated!
In addition to the existing promotion for writing new apps, I'm happy to announce a new promotion for new Windows Phone developers!
The rules are pretty simple: write a new app and send it to me for testing/feedback. Once you do that I will send you a Windows Phone dev center token (a $99 value) and help get you signed up to DVLUP. Once the app is in the store and you've submitted it for a DVLUP challenge, I'll send you a Lumia 800! Since the Windows Phone 7.8 update is coming soon those 800's will be even more exciting!
As with the other promotion, the fine print:
- Promotion is limited to developers in US and Canada.
- Device quantities are limited - they will be handed out on a first-come first-served basis.
- The app must include a version targeted to Windows Phone 8. (I can help you with this!)
- Only quality apps qualify; the final decision of what constitutes a quality app resides with me
- You cannot have entered the same app in any other promotion through which you got a Windows Phone device.
- I reserve the right to change the terms of the promotion at any time
- You will be solely responsible for taxes, if any, on the items you receive as part of any of these promotions.
- Shipping is free to destinations within continental United States, shipping to other locations will be borne by the receiver.
- By participating in any of these promotions, you accept the terms and conditions of any such promotions, and you agree that neither I nor Nokia is responsible in any way for any costs, losses, or harm that you sustain by participating in any such promotion.
So: get coding! Here are some articles I've written about developing for Windows Phone to get you started.
Interested in developing for Windows Phone? I'm the Nokia Developer Ambassador for Austin - drop me a line at email@example.com!
Comment from andrewhime:
Last response to a Windows Phone post was almost 3 months ago.
Comment from gregstoll:
True, but I'm getting emails/Facebooks/etc. Most of my LJ posts get no responses, regardless of topic :-/
This backup was done by LJBackup.