Posted on 2012-02-24 14:53:00
It's Friday! It is Friday, right? TGIF.
- Mitt Romney's Tax Plan Is a Mathematical Disaster - you mean cutting everyone's taxes by 20% won't help the deficit? I'm shocked!
- Aside from the recent dustup with Planned Parenthood, the Susan G. Komen foundation has a nasty habit of "blaming the victim" when it's pretty clear that, while mammography is better than nothing, it's definitely not a panacea for the quickly metastasizing cancers that tend to be more fatal.
- Rick Santorum Wants Your Sex Life to Be 'Special'...and I want Rick Santorum to stop talking about my sex life. (of course he's not talking about me, he wants my sex life to be nonexistant, I assume)
- Why Do We Still Care About the Dow? - even just as a stock market index, it's pretty terrible.
- Contraception’s Con Men
Less serious links:
- What Jeremy Lin Teaches Us About Talent - spoiler: it teaches us that sports teams are terrible at predicting it!
- Now George Lucas says that Han never shot first, you were just confused. Le sigh.
- How Much Would it Cost to build the Death Star? - it would cost a lot.
Comment from brittongregory:
Thanks for the link on contraception; I was always fuzzy on the particulars of Catholic doctrine in that regard.
Comment from cifarelli:
I appreciated that one as well!
This backup was done by LJBackup.