a buncha random thoughts
Music: nothing right now!
Posted on 2005-04-11 14:16:00
Too bad I like my Prius so much!
This video made by Hitachi is, bar none, the oddest Flash animation I've seen about hard drive technology.
When I was in college, I loved tinkering my computer, having things (in
software!) break and then fixing them. Now I'm distinctly of two minds:
- I still for the most part like getting neat stuff to work - for
example, I'm currently working on burning DVDs from TV shows downloaded
from the TiVo. This is cool stuff.
- I don't like making stuff that worked before already work. I don't
upgrade my Debian packages regularly because of this - invariably
something breaks, and I have to spend time to get stuff working the way
it was before. I don't have a lot of patience for this these days...
I took the Religion test earlier, but I took it again, and here are my results (which changed a little!)
1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (97%)
3. Eastern Orthodox (96%)
4. Roman Catholic (96%)
5. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (91%)
6. Seventh Day Adventist (90%)
7. Liberal Quakers (67%)
8. Unitarian Universalism (64%)
9. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (61%)
10. Orthodox Judaism (54%)
11. Reform Judaism (54%)
12. Sikhism (51%)
13. Islam (46%)
14. Hinduism (45%)
15. Neo-Pagan (43%)
16. Bahá'í Faith (39%)
17. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (39%)
18. Jehovah's Witness (39%)
19. Secular Humanism (39%)
20. New Age (33%)
21. New Thought (32%)
22. Taoism (32%)
23. Theravada Buddhism (30%)
24. Scientology (29%)
25. Mahayana Buddhism (27%)
26. Non-theist (25%)
27. Jainism (19%)
These results seem a little fishy to me. I'm more Orthodox Quaker than Liberal Quaker? I think I might have been picking the Catholic answers on purpose. Oh well...
This backup was done by LJBackup.